Apartments come in all shapes and sizes. As apartment homes continue to be on the rise throughout urban areas, layouts change and overall square footage appears to be shrinking. Why this new trend you ask? As more people continue to flock to cities around the country, demand for affordable apartments is on the rise. Smaller apartments present a cheaper option for young professionals to live in. To maximize the quality and space of your (smaller) apartment home, we provide a list below courtesy of BuzzFeed of ideas on how to get the most out of your space.
1. Place a curtain around the bed - it provides tranquility and gives a nook-like feeling to your sleeping quarters
2. If your workspace only needs a laptop, use simply a bookshelf instead of a desk - you can use a shelf near a bed or a table and it will serve as a natural desk
3. Use your TV as a "mental wall" to form a separation between your living space and bedroom area - combined with an accent wall this will give a perfect "invisible wall" feel to your apartment
photo credit: flickr - beachrepublic
4. Opt for sliding doors for closets and bathrooms - rather than the doors that swing out and take up space, you could choose doors that will slide for you and not tie up space
5. Put your sofa against the bed - aside from the space saving, you could line your flat-screen TV up so that while in bed you can also watch it.